My latest passion is for making mug cakes. They are quick and easy to cook – take literally 5 minutes (4 to mix, 1 to bake) and they are quick and easy to eat!
Another busy few days. We made a lovely new painting to match our new rug. Inigo helped too – a real family effort! But clearly I was the artistic genius behind the project.
Granny and Grandad came to stay. They brought with them a giant beach ball. I love it – it provides hours of fun on the trampoline. It’s a shame Rio Olympics are over since I believe beach-ball-oline as I’ve named the sport would have made a perfect addition. I may well suggest it to the organisers of Tokyo 2020.
With Granny and grandad I perfected my gardening skills. They did all the heavy lifting and I directed.
It now looks beautiful.
We moved the trampoline to the big lawn so I have a lovely flat space upon which to ride my bicycle! Hooray!
We had a bonfire in the field to get rid of all the detritus unfortunately though we didn’t have any marshmallows and no-one would join me for a rousing chorus of ging-gang-goolie.
I taught Inigo how to play hide and seek this afternoon. He did the hiding and I did the seeking. I took me a while to find him in this hiding place…
This morning we went to Escot (sounds like how the queen would say Ascot) in Devon.
We got lost in their maze
I was navigator and managed to find the exit in about 20 mins. But we cheated a bit as we didn’t reach the middle!
We also went to the Anglo Saxon village where Thomas the Scribbler wrote my name in Anglo Saxon
And we all made a wish in the 25 m deep wishing well
We became members as there is loads to see and do so I suspect we’ll be back soon!
Very exciting day. We had a piano delivered and have been playing it incessantly.
When Inigo had his go I accompanied him on the gramaphone horn
The cats didn’t seem too bothered
So I’ve been hugely remiss in keeping my blog updated for the last two weeks… So here’s a whistle stop tour of everything I’ve been up to
1. 2 weeks ago my nursery unexpectedly shut down with immediate effect
2. Inigo and I went to stay with granny and grandad whilst the big M&D went to a wedding that we weren’t invited to (… I know outrageous right? Who wouldn’t want the pleasure of my company?).
We played with all of the toys. The train set was my favourite
And I became a keen gardener. Here I am helping to water the pots.
3. The big m then went to London and the big D was in charge. We had an ace time. We went to a diesal day at Yeovil Junction train museum
And we went to Haynes to play with all the cars their play centre. Proper boy stuff
4. The big m came home and we had to resume girly stuff like carpet shopping. Ssshh don’t tell anyone but it was actually quite fun
5. We managed to find a new nursery and I started last week. I love it already. There’s a real boat in the garden and a veg patch that us kids are in charge of / and we eat the veggies for our lunch!
6. On Friday we went swimming and then had some lunch in the garden of the hotel where the pool is as the weather was so nice
7. I also have done much baking over the past few days having been inspired by watching Gordon Ramsey on tv – i think I’m the better chef though
And as every good chef knows it’s important to maintain a clean workspace
8. We went to a super smart party in a marque next door to mark Mr and Mrs Dawson’s 50th wedding anniversary. It was a lovely afternoon and I made lots of new friends and learnt croquet.
Finally I introduced Inigo to the delights of cat ownership
That’s about it. Hope you’ve all had good weeks. And I’ll aim to resume normal service.
Sorry for the radio silence. I’ve been a very busy boy and will update you on my exploits in the next day or so.
But in the meantime we’re decorating Inigo’s room and have purchased him some new carpet. I’m well jell…